Call for Applications | ATCP 2018
04 June 2018
Call for Applications
Established in 2009 by Golden Apricot Fund for Cinema Development (GAFCD) and Anadolu Kultur (Turkey), the Armenia-Turkey Cinema Platform (ATCP) facilitates co-production between Armenia and Turkey. It serves as a working platform for film professionals from both countries. ATCP is dedicated to transnational and multilateral cultural cooperation, professional training, and exchange of knowledge.
Since the inception of ATCP, the platform has brought to life 24 documentary and short film projects, facilitated over 270 inter-state exchange visits, and produced and distributed the first Armenian-Turkish cinema Almanac. Films from ATCP have been screened in different international film festivals and cultural centers, attracting broad audiences from around the world. Today, ATCP is a full-fledged network with more than 270 participants from both countries.
In 2018 Armenia Turkey Cinema Platform will be held on July 10-11, in Yerevan, Armenia. The commission of the professional will select 5 projects from Armenia and Turkey (or both diasporas). At the end of the workshop the best project will be awarded a prize of 7.000 EURO.
Eligibility criteria and regulations:
- Only short films and documentary projects are eligible.
- The crew should involve filmmakers from both Armenia and Turkey, and the films should be co-productions. For co-production opportunities, check the “Making Films in Turkey and Armenia” portion of the cinemaplatform.org website.
- Travel and lodging of only one person per project from Turkey (producer/co-producer or director) will be covered by ATCP.
- The workshop will be held in English. A translator will be provided in case of necessity during the presentations. There will be no translator during the workshop.
- Shooting of the awarded projects must be completed by September 2019.
- Projects participating in ATCP must mention their participation at the platform in their credits.
- For further information and applications please visit www.cinemaplatform.org and ATCP section of our webpage.
The deadline for the submissions is June 24, 2018.
Selected projects will be contacted on June 30, 2018.
This activity takes place within the framework of the “Support to the Armenia-Turkey Normalization Process” programme, funded by the European Union and the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs.